NJ Firearms Purchaser Identification Cards and Handgun Purchase Permit Applications are available at the Holmdel Police Detective Bureau during regular business hours (Mon – Fri 8 AM-4PM) or the State Police website: www.njsp.org (Application - S.T.S. 033 Rev. 09/09 and Mental Health Records Search - S.P. 66 Rev. 01/15).
- Application fee for Firearms Purchaser Identification Card: $5.00 - Cash, check or money order payable to “Township of Holmdel.” Initial issue allows purchase of rifles, shotguns & ammunition.
- You can access the Mental Health Records Search Form by following this link: http://www.njsp.org/info/pdf/firearms/sp-066.pdf
- Application fee for Permit to Purchase Handgun: $2.00 ea. - Cash, check or money order payable to “Township of Holmdel.”
- Fingerprinting and name checks for your criminal history are NO LONGER processed by the Holmdel Township Police Department. You will initiate and complete one of the following transactions online.
- When your initial application is accepted, you will be provided a form from the NJ State fingerprinting vendor, IdentoGo. Follow the instructions on this form to schedule an appointment, and pay the processing fee of $52.69. Company information is available at www.bioapplicant.com/nj or at 1-877-503-5981
- If you are applying for a duplicate card or permit(s) to purchase a handgun, you will be issued a form with information to complete an online application for a name check with the NJ State Police. (Online SBI 212A). Follow the instructions on this form to submit your information and pay the $20.00 fee. Information is available at https://www.njportal.com/njsp/criminalrecords/
- The ORI# for Holmdel Township is NJ0131800
- Any questions please call the Holmdel Police Detective Bureau at 732-946-9690 ext. 1741