UPDATED RECYCLING HOURS
Effective Monday, November 2, 2020
MONDAY, WEDNESDAY, FRIDAY
7:15-12:00 PM & 12:30-3:00 PM
Closed on Township Approved Holidays
Important Recycling Documents
- Recycling Zones (UPDATED)
- Curbside Recycling - Acceptable Non-Acceptable Items
- Tire Disposal
- Holmdel Green Team - Sustainability Grant
2021 Monmouth County Paper Shredding Events:
Residents can dispose of confidential documents and old files at the below dates and locations for free. All events are 9am-1pm or until the mobile trucks are full. There is a limit of 100 pounds of documents, and large binder clips should be removed. Paper clips and staples can remain. This is not open to businesses. For questions, dial 732-683-8686 ext. 8967.
- June 5th, Keyport, Firemen's Field Parking Lot, West Front Street
- June 19th, Shrewsbury Boro, Shrewsbury Municipal Building, 419 Sycamore Ave
- June 27th, Freehold Boro, Park Avenue School, 280 Park Ave
- August 7th, Matawan, Matawan-Aberdeen Train Station, Parking Lot 1
- August 14th, Aberdeen, Aberdeen Municipal Building, 1 Aberdeen Square
- September 25th, Allenhurst, Corlies Ave. to Ocean Ave.
- October 2nd, Freehold Twp, Freehold Twp Municipal Building, 1 Municipal Plaza
- October 17th, Marlboro Twp, Marlboro Municipal Complex, 1979 Township Drive
- October 30th, Union Beach, Recycling Center, 1400 Florence Ave
- November 6th, Brielle, Brielle Municipal Building, 610 Union Lane
- November 13th, Middletown Twp, Middletown High School North, 63 Tindall Rd
- November 20th, Asbury Park, Asbury Park Municipal Building, 1 Municipal Plaza
Please note: Recycling items must be loose in containers, not in plastic bags, otherwise the containers will not be picked up. For more information on this Monmouth County Mandate please visit the Monmouth County website.
Second Chance Toys
Giving toys a second chance can help enrich the lives of children in need, which is why the Township has partnered with Second Chance Toys, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization dedicated to rescuing and refurbishing plastic toys for donation to local organizations who care for in-need youth in Monmouth County, around New Jersey and across the nation.
The Township has placed a large shipping container at the Department of Public Works yard (located at 14 Crawfords Corner Road) in hopes that the Holmdel community can help fill it with gently-used plastic toys.
When: Collections are held Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 12 p.m. and 12:30 p.m. to 3 p.m.
Acceptable Toys: Toys must be made entirely of plastic, have clean surfaces, no missing parts and (if battery-operated) must function when batteries are inserted.
Unacceptable Toys: Anything made of cloth or fabric (including stuffed animals), slides, pools, sand boxes, car seats and fast food premiums (like McDonald’s happy meal prizes) will not be accepted.
For more information visit the Second Chance Toys website.
Document Shredding Protocol
Should residents require immediate shredding of documents please call Republic Services at 732-430-2229. The organization is located at 15 Railroad Road in Farmingdale and you may make an appointment to have your documents shredded. Their hours of operation are from 7 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.